The meeting was constructive. Some of the points to come out of the meeting were:
- the building condition audit recently undertaken shows that some immediate works are needed to bring the centre into line with current children's services regulations. They are being done.
- it has identified further works that would need to be done to make the building fit for purpose
- it was agreed that the Steering Committee should be advised about the cost and scope of the works before a decision is taken on whether to proceed with those works
- all present agreed to continue working towards the project with all the parties present invited to contribute their vision, values and principles to the architect, Ian Perkins
- the community representatives played a strong role as advocates for the community
- it was agreed that a charter or memorandum of understanding between the City of Port Phillip, Lady Forster Kinder and APCCC should be pursued but should not hold up progress