Sunday, May 13, 2012

The ongoing transformation of Fishermens Bend

Today I walked with a group around Fishermens Bend - north. The theme of the walk was the ongoing transformation of Fishermens Bend - prompted by recent discussion of the redevelopment of the area. We followed a circuit from the oldest operating industry in Port Melbourne at Symex on Ingles/Woodruff St, past former sites of steel casting and heavy mechanical engineering in Bertie St, past the fashionable Salford Lad's Club, and concluded at Interactive on Williamstown Road, about to expand its cloud computing and data services business. I have put the walk on google maps if you wanted to walk all or some of it yourself, or just look at it on your computer. If I have made mistakes, please let me know - I am only interested in recording this disappearing part of Port Melbourne's history.

former Malcolm Moore factory, Bertie St, Port Melbourne


No comments: