Here are some contributions for World Oceans Day:
- Whenever I visit the South Melbourne Market, I wish I had a sustainable seafood guide with me. Well - you can download the mini-guide here. There is also a canned tuna guide on this site.
- Avoid single use plastic wherever and whenever you can and always use a refillable water bottle.
- Be one of the many people around the world who are tackling plastic pollution - locally join 3207 Beach Patrol, be inspired by the Two Hands Project or Take 3 or the apt It Starts with Me.
- Art that calls attention to plastic in the ocean. Have a look at this work, SOUP, by Mandy Barker. SOUP refers to plastic suspended in the sea. The images are arresting - beautiful at first glance but disturbing when you look more closely.
- Most important of all - love the Bay!
|Cormorant, Lagoon Pier, Port Melbourne|