Friday, October 26, 2012

Dear Port Focus readers
Its time to say goodbye. This is my last post to Port Focus in this form. I hope to resume it in some way in 2013.
I started Port Focus before the 2008 election because I wanted to have a presence on line. I also wanted to give Port Melbourne people more local news than the local papers offered and to portray a positive picture of Port Melbourne. A Port focus no less!
I thought that if I only posted Council news, noone would read it - so I have tried to make it more interesting with other snippets.
Some readers have joined along the way, and I have strengthened friendships on line with people I didn't know as well before.
I've enjoyed Port Focus and hope you have too. It provides a detailed record of Port Melbourne between 2008 and 2012.
I'm going away for a month or so but will be back.
Thank you for your interest and encouragement.
Janet
ps if you would like to access any of the photos, they are on Picassa - you'll find that on google

2 comments:

BARBARA said...

Well done, Janet, this blog has been a fine service for the Port and its people...

Thank you for your work on council. We wish you all the best in the future, and hope you can come back here online, to continue with more snippets about life in Port Melbourne...

It has been a pleasure...

Au revoir,

BARBARA & KEVIN
XXX

Port Places said...

Thank you Barbara and Kevin - you have been faithful and encouraging.